Sunday, December 29, 2013

There is a special feeling around this time of year.  For me it starts after Thanksgiving (which is a forgotten holiday to the consumerism of Christmas...but I digress, and that is a discussion for another day), and the feeling of "Thanks" continues on through the Christmas season as well as the New Year.

I mean, those of us who make it an entire year more in our lives...that's something to be grateful for!  For those of you who don't know, I have been working at a cemetery in Salt Lake, and I am surrounded by death, dying, and sadness every day.  From the minute I drive onto the cemetery grounds to the moment I turn out to start my long commute home, I am surrounded by death.  There is no easy way to say it,  Death is one of the few things certain in our lives, and what better way to celebrate LIFE than to have the opportunity to start a New Year, and each new day.

As you can tell from the majority of my pictures, I find solace in the Salt Lake City Temple Grounds.  It is one place I can find peace, and I have had some very interesting experiences there as I've taken pictures, pondered, and watched the interactions of Sister Missionaries leading tours.  There are very few places that calm me, and Temple Square is one of those places, especially when it is bitter cold.  Enjoy the few pictures I've posted below!




No comments: